Fashion Blog Wed Dec 08 2021
Everyone loves a classic ponytail because of its versatility. Nowadays, various women choose human hair extensions to create unique hairstyles. However, every ponytail hairstyle doesn’t become a trend, and only some styles get noticed. In this article, we will explore the top 8 extension ponytail hairstyles that stood the test of time.
Several clip-on ponytail extensions can be worn and taken off easily. You don’t need to take any hairdresser appointments. These ponytail extensions can add length and volume other than changing the hairstyle. Here are the 8 Ponytail Hairstyles that can be created using extensions:
The revered pony is an extremely popular hairstyle and is commonly known as a classic ponytail. You can easily create this ponytail using hair extensions. However, we have added them to this list because of their amazing look. You can include the wow factor by putting in extra hair and hiding the clip-on to make extension ponytail hairstyles.
- Your hair needs a good brushing. Hence, take a comb and remove tangles. Then, tie the hair using an elastic band. Don’t use a loose band that can easily slip or slide.
- For a softer look, let out your fringe. You have to attach the clip-on ponytail carefully.
- Extra hair can also be used to wrap around the ponytail hairstyle. Use 1 or 2 bobby pins to fasten this.
Are you planning for a night out? A high and long pony can make anyone the belle of the ball. Since this ponytail creates an illusion of extra height, we highly recommend you add this clip-on ponytail extension to the closet.
- Start brushing the real hair strands so that the hair becomes completely smooth.
- While brushing, you should gather the hair up high. After you are sure about the height, use an elastic band to fasten the hair.
- Attach the ponytail hair extension. Then, twirl the extra hair around the extension.
Those who want to rock a middle part can choose a low pony hairstyle. You won’t worry about the ponytail sliding while styling extension ponytail hairstyles. Since the low pony sits at the base of the neck, there is no chance of sliding.
- Apply leave-in moisturizer to your hair. Take a comb and brush the hair at the top section of the head.
- After removing the tangles, you can tie the hair using an elastic band. Then, you have to clip in the ponytail hair extensions upon the smooth hair.
- Wrap the extensions using extra hair. Use a bobby pin to fasten the hair and ponytail extension.
Side Pony with a twist is one of the quickest hairstyles that give maximum effect. It is one of the extension ponytail hairstyles that is very easy to style. A twist extension can help you have an eye-catching hairstyle.
- Brush the hair using your fingers or a wide-toothed comb. Then, in a low-side ponytail, you have to fasten the real hair strands.
- On real hair, you have to fix the ponytail extension carefully and wrap the extra hair. Use a bobby pin to fasten the extra hair with the extension and real hair.
- Tie the hair around 2 inches apart. Use an elastic band to fasten them. You have to create more than 5 sections.
- After creating every section, gently and slightly pull each one.
These extension ponytail hairstyles are extremely adjustable. Therefore, you can easily make this stunning look using extensions. Those who have not selected a wavy clip-on ponytail can make curls and include waves in their extension before placing them on real hair. Moreover, you can make curls in real hair before placing the extension. This method is also effective for women who are using straight hair.
- Take half of your real hair and fasten them using a bobby pin. Fix them using a clip and make sure there is a lot of hair attached through the clip.
- You can also use an elastic band to grab enough hair. Then around the wave half-pony, cover more hairpieces. Make sure the extra hairpieces are fastened with an elastic band.
Messy bun ponytail extensions are the best hairstyle for women who prefer low pressure on the head or want to add extra volume and tease up the front of their hair.
- Create a high or mid-way ponytail and gather the hair inside it. Use an elastic band to fasten them.
- Fix the ponytail hair extension on real hair using a clip. Make sure to wrap the extension using an extra hairpiece.
- Use 1 or 2 bobby pins to fasten the hairpiece. Then, around the top section of hair, wrap the whole ponytail till you have created the messy bun. Use 1 or 2 bobby pins to fasten the messy bun ponytail.
More than a messy bun, we admire amazing and polished bun looks. The sleek ponytail bun is considered an ideal extension ponytail hairstyle for women with wavy/curly hair.
- Apply leave-in moisturizer and comb the hair using a brush.
- Take the hair up around the crown area of the head or a bit lower. Then, attach the clip-on ponytail extension.
- You can either wrap extra hair around the ponytail or grab a bun donut. To fasten hair, you have to use bobby pins.
The top knot hairstyle is ideal for walking in a park or even dinner. You can easily achieve this look by using clip-on ponytail hair extensions.
- Take help of the hair up to create a ponytail. Fasten them using an elastic band.
- Attach the clip-on hair extensions and use bobby pins to fasten them tightly.
- Wrap the ponytail and extra hairpiece to cover the extensions. You can wear the extensions wavy, curly, or straight. However, make sure to use 1 or 2 bobby pins to fasten them.
Braid Ponytail is a special ponytail style with your braided hair sitting at the back of your head or on top of your head. There are many types of braid ponytail hairstyles based on how you braid your hair. If you want to try these extension ponytail hairstyles, you should buy braid extensions from a real human hair vendor.
- Start with your braided hair. Clean and moisturize your hair first
- Brush to detangle and divide it into smaller sections
- Braiding your hair from one side and continuing with the other when you finish.
- Hold the braids with one hand and use hair elastics to tie them.
This hairstyle is inspired by the Barbie doll ponytail hairstyle. The Barbie ponytail is a variant of the high ponytail style with curled strands and the signature flick at the end. Barbie ponytail with weave lets you get flicked end without any effort. It can be known as Swoop Ponytail.
- Start by washing and conditioning your hair properly.
- Create a secure bun at the top of your head.
- Attach your hair weave to your bun.
- Add the volume to the end by using heat tools.
Slick Back Ponytail is a kind of ponytail with all your hair slicked behind your back head. It is a versatile hairstyle that adds a touch of sophistication to any occasion.
- Start by brushing your hair back to remove any knots or tangles.
- Gather your hair into a high or low ponytail, ensuring it's tightly secured with an elastic band.
- Apply a small amount of styling gel or hairspray to tame any flyaways.
- Use a comb to brush back any loose hairs along the hairline, creating a sleek and refined finish.
French braid ponytail is a kind of braid ponytail. According to Ruby Pham - a 10-year experienced hairstylist, the French braid ponytail is a hairstyle in which your hair is gathered and braided down your back head and styled into a low ponytail.
- Brush your hair to remove any tangles or knots
- Gather a small section and then divide it into 3 equal sections and start braiding them.
- Stop braid when you reach the nape of your neck and use a hair elastic or hairband to tie it.
We hope now you understand the most popular ponytail extension hairstyles that can be flaunted at parties. You can create these hairstyles at home and easily attach them whenever required. Make sure to use an extra hairpiece to wrap around the ponytail extensions.