Hair ExtensionsBlog Contact
Fashion Blog Fri May 28 2021
Hairstyling is an important part of looking fashionable. With so many hairstyles, it can be difficult to choose which one to try and how much hair you need for them. Box braids are very popular, trendy, and look good on everyone, but before trying it out, you have to know how many packs of hair you need for box braids. Senegalese twists are also a great option. You can try it at home, or it can be done professionally. If you want to try it at home, you have to solve a similar puzzle: how many packs of hair do you need for Senegalese twist? The installation process might seem long to some, but the results are worth it. In this article, we are going to solve these puzzles for you.
Box Braids are becoming one of the most popular hairstyles. From celebrities like Rihanna to teenage girls, everyone has been a part of this trendy hairstyle. There are different types of box braids.
For lovers of long hair, this is a perfect style! But keep in mind, though, you might be uncomfortable in hot climates.
Short Box Braids are more trendy than long box braids since they look even more gorgeous and are easy to maintain.
Not too long, and neither too short: this is the perfect option for those who don't want either short or long braids. Read on to know how many packs of hair you need for medium box braids.
This is for the ones who love to be dramatic! Due to this size, it makes all the attention to be fixed in your hair, and it might be the first thing people notice in you, even though this style is not preferred by some women due to its jumbo size. Other than its look, it can certainly feel heavier and cause discomfort to some.
Due to its smaller size, it can put a lot of pressure on your hair follicles. It can cause hair loss. To avoid that, make sure that the extensions are not extremely tight.
Well, does that mean that the other two types of box braid are normal? Of Course not! But it is the best way to go for anyone trying this style for the first time as it is much safer than the two and has fewer cons.
It depends on which brand you are using. You may need about 8-10 packs of Kanekalon hair. If you are using X-Pressions hair, you will need 4-6 bags only as they come in longer and fuller packs!
It also depends on the size of the hair. If you want medium size braids, then 6-7 would be enough. However, as a rule of thumb, it is wise to get a little more than what you think you’ll need to be on the safe side.
Senegalese twist hairstyle is also called rope twists due to its shape being similar to a rope. It is a very popular and gorgeous type of hairstyle. It is becoming very trendy and loved by a lot of people all over the world.
1. It is a very versatile style.
2. The style is easygoing and doesn't require high maintenance. Keeping the scalp moisturized is enough.
3. This style is not that tough to do. It can be done by anyone with a little amount of knowledge about styles.
4. Keeps hair protected and does not cause long-term damage.
1. This style is not very pocket-friendly. However, one can find various ways to do it at a low price.
2. The process might take a long time. Not a good idea for impatient people!
3. The hairstyle can feel heavy if more than one extension is used in one hair. It can also cause headaches.
This is a really important question. But it depends on the individual. So there is no fixed answer. In most cases, people need 5 to 8 packs or 3 to 5 bundles of human hair. Human hair will be essential if the person wants a full head of this style.
It is essential to keep in mind that the better you keep your hair, the better results you'll get. The following things should be done before getting the Senegalese twist-
That's very obvious. It is advised to wash your hair before making any style since it gives better results. It will help you keep clean. It will also look a lot better.
Shampooing or conditioning your hair is an essential step to help your hair get fluffy and non-sticky.
It doesn’t mean that you have to put a lot of oil in your hair since it will rather cause it to become sticky. But if you don't moisturize your hair at all, then it will become frizzy and hence, making it harder to style. So put in very little hair serum or look for different methods for keeping your hair healthy.
Now that you are fully prepared, it's time to get ready for installing Senegalese Twists-
1. Part your hair into two different sections with the help of a comb. You can keep one side bigger depending upon how you want the style to look on you.
2. Moisture your scalp with the help of oil in the partition area.
3. Keep your natural hairs on a different side and make sure that the extension is at least 1 inch thicker than the hair you have.
4. Make sure that the extension hair and the natural hair are of the same size.
5. Twist the left section of your hair with your left hand and vice versa with your right hand. Do this very carefully.
6. Twist the hair while it overlaps the natural part of your hair.
7. Keep doing this until there is no hair left, and it is done till the end.
1. Make sure you have time to install the extensions. A weekend or free day is preferable so that your hair styling session is not interpreted as anything important.
2. Keep your hands dry so that the hair doesn't get wet as it can result in frizzy hair.
3. After installation, take care of your hair and not let it get too dry or frizzy.
4. The extensions should be removed within two months after installation because they can cause baby hairs.
5. If you are trying out the rubber band method, you will need to do three-strand braiding of your hair and make sure that the natural hair part is different.
So we can conclude that all these hairstyles have both pros and cons. The hairstyle that you choose should depend on personal needs and tastes. There are hundreds of tutorials available on YouTube on these hairstyles, which can be helpful for a lot of people. Have fun experimenting!