Fashion Blog Mon Jan 29 2024
Sew-in extensions, also known as weave extensions, are a popular method used to achieve luscious, voluminous locks by adding length and volume. If you're considering this hair extension method, you might be curious about the pros and cons of sew-in hair extensions. If you do, this blog post is for you. In this post, I will let you know the advantages and disadvantages of sew-in hair extensions to help you make the right choi
1. More affordable: While the initial cost may vary depending on the quality of extensions, the salon and location, sew-in extensions generally have a more affordable price compared to methods like fusion or tape-in extensions. In addition, sew-in hair extensions do not require maintenance or reapplication as frequent as tape-in or fusion methods, making them a more economical option.
2. Suitable for short hair: Unlike other extension methods that may struggle to blend seamlessly with shorter natural hair, sew-in extensions are able to add a natural and seamless look. The thin weft line of sew-in extensions allows for easy blend into shorter hair lengths. With the proper placement and strategic sewing technique, sew-in extensions can blend exceptionally well with short hair, creating an illusion of longer locks without any awkward transitions.
3. Less damage: Many popular extension methods such as fusion or bonded extensions involve the use of heat or glue, which can pose risks to both your natural hair and scalp. Heat application, often used in fusion or bonded extensions, can weaken and damage the natural hair strands, leading to breakage and potential long-term harm. However, Sew-in hair extensions offer a safer alternative with fewer risks of damage.
4. Low maintenance: With sew-in extensions, you can easily care for your hair by following a few simple guidelines. Once installed, sew-in extensions require minimal maintenance, making them a convenient choice for those with busy lifestyles.
5. Reusable: The reusability set sew-in extensions apart from other types of hair extensions. With proper care and maintenance, sew-in extensions can be taken off and reinstalled multiple times. The ability to reuse sew-in extensions not only makes them a cost-effective choice in the long run but also allows for flexibility in styling options.
1. Professional installation required: Unlike clip-in extensions and tape-in extensions, sew-ins need to be professionally installed. While this ensures a more secure and natural-looking outcome, it will increase the initial cost. The need for professional installation can be a limitation for some individuals because not everyone has easy access to a skilled hairdresser experienced in sew-in installations.
2. Not suitable for thin hair: Thin hair often lacks the necessary volume to effectively conceal the wefts and blend them with the natural hair. Individuals with thin or fine hair may face challenges in hiding the sew-in extensions or achieving a natural look.
3. Discomfort at first: One potential downside of sew-in hair extensions is the discomfort that some individuals experience during the initial week after installation. The tightness of the braids or rings, which is necessary to secure the extensions, can cause tension on the scalp, leading to discomfort. This discomfort can manifest as itching and even headaches.
1. How long do sew-in hair extensions typically last?
Sew-in hair extensions have a variable lifespan influenced by multiple factors, such as the quality of the extensions, the expertise of the hairdresser during installation, and most importantly, your proper care and maintenance. On average, you can expect sew-in hair extensions to last between 6 to 12 weeks before requiring removal and reinstallation.
2. How can one differentiate between high-quality and low-quality sew-in hair extensions in the market?
Offer guidance on what to look for when determining the quality of sew-in extensions, such as the type of hair used and the overall craftsmanship.
3. Where to buy high-quality sew-in hair extensions?
As I mentioned, the quality of hair extensions significantly impacts their longevity and overall performance. Choosing a reliable hair supplier can be challenging, especially for first-time buyers. I highly recommend purchasing hair extensions from established suppliers in the market, such as Bellami, Zala, or Mic Hair - our company.
Sew-in hair extensions have plenty of benefits, making them a popular choice for those who want lengthier and thicker hair. They are affordable, work well for short hair, and give a natural and seamless appearance. Moreover, sew-in extensions minimize damage to your hair and require minimal upkeep.
However, professional installation is a must, availability may be limited, achieving a natural look with thin hair can be difficult, and there might be initial discomfort. In summary, sew-in extensions offer convenience and flexibility but have specific factors to consider.
To ensure you get the most out of sew-in hair extensions, it's crucial to properly care for them and choose high-quality extensions. Established suppliers like Bellami, Zala, or Mic Hair can be trusted sources for purchasing high-quality sew-in hair extensions.
Want to get updates on Michair news?
Connect now using
Don’t have an account?
Đang cập nhật dữ liệu
Xin vui lòng chờ trong giây lát