Fashion Blog Fri Apr 01 2022
People love to dye their hair by themselves. Some find more control over it, while others do not trust the salons, and many want to save money. Some mistakes might happen when dying one’s hair, but remove your worry about getting dye off the scalp. Follow any of the steps below to know how to get dye off scalp but not your hair
The first instinct of a person when thinking of how to get dye off scalp is to wash it with water and soap. However, this will only be effective if the stain hasn’t dried out yet. As soon as you notice that there’s a dye dripping from your face, immediately wipe it off to avoid further coloration.
- Lather up the soap on your hands without any water.
- Apply the soap to the unwanted dyed area and rub it in.
- Rinse the soap until it is gone.
- Repeat the process to achieve a better outcome.
For the best result, use a gentle soap meant for your face. It is to avoid any irritation. Do not use soaps that have fragrances nor comedogenic. You may also use shampoos to remove the tints.
However, you must be careful working with this as precision is a must. You want to avoid your hair as much as possible and only apply shampoo to stained areas.
Another alternative that you may use is the Dawn Dish Soap. You may watch this video to know how to get dye off scalp.
The method might sound ironic. After all, you are trying to remove the dye off your scalp, so why apply another one? If the tint is dry on your scalp, try to rehydrate it before washing with soap and water.
- Apply leftover dye on a cotton swab or Q-tips to have more precision.
- Rub the tint for 30 seconds to a minute only on the stained areas.
- Rinse off with soap and water.
The chemicals of the leftover hair dye reactivate the dried ones on your scalp, making it easier to clean. Only apply the hair color on the area that already has a tint, and be careful not to let it drip to your eyes.
If the dye is dry and leaves a stain on your scalp, there are other ways to remove it. Makeup remover not only cleans the makeup off your face but also eliminates dye stain off your scalp.
- Pour some makeup remover in a cotton pad.
- Rub the stained area gently using the cotton pad.
- Leave the product to soak for no more than 5 minutes to avoid skin irritation,
- Gently Wipe the makeup remover off your scalp with a damp towel.
- Rinse and repeat to achieve the wanted result.
Like the magic when removing the makeup off your face, the pigment of the hair dye is broken down by the makeup remover. For better results, use a cream makeup remover that will stay on your skin.
Everyone has toothpaste at home since it is an everyday necessity to maintain your pearly whites. It can clean the mouth, but it also eliminates dye from the scalp.
- Apply a pea-sized toothpaste on the stained area of your scalp with either a cotton swab or by finger.
- Gently rub the toothpaste with a soft-bristled toothbrush to exfoliate the stain for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the toothpaste with a washcloth that you can get color on.
Toothpaste contains baking soda, which removes stains by lifting them with carbon dioxide. If available, use non-gel toothpaste. Make sure that you apply the toothpaste and rub all the stained areas.
You may also watch this tutorial on how toothpaste lifts the stain on your scalp and what to do when you have sensitive skin.
Some people use baby oil as a makeup remover or disintegrate dirt on the face. When there are makeup smudges, it is also used to erase the mistakes and remove the hair dye stains. Here is how to dye off scalp with baby oil.
- Pour baby oil into the palm of your hand.
- With a cotton swab or gloved finger, dab some baby oil.
- Rub the baby oil to the stained area of the scalp in a circular motion.
- Let the oil soak for 8 hours or overnight. Cover your pillow with a towel to avoid passing the stain on the fabric.
- Wash your face as you usually do, but avoid exfoliating as it might irritate the skin.
This method is not only limited to baby oil. You may also use coconut oil or olive oil if these are available. Do not use oil that has a fragrance to avoid irritation. Furthermore, this method is the best for those who have sensitive skin.
Olive oil is a gentle natural cleanser that is really effective to remove hair dye from your scalp but not your hair. The saturated fatty acid from olive oil can clean the stains slowly without any damage, so it is recommended for women with sensitive scalp. However, Dr. Anar Mikailov warned against using olive oil too often because it can lead to Malassezia.
Step 1: Pour some olive oil on the cotton pad
Step 2: Rub the cotton pad gently at the stained area. Make sure you don't touch the strands too much.
Step 3: Leave it up for 20 minutes and clean your hair with warm water.
Step 4: You can repeat the process 2-3 times to get the best result.
>>> Read more: 3 Effective Ways to Get Green Out of Blonde <<<
Leaving hair dye on the skin will not cause a critical concern. However, you might feel some irritation, have itchiness, and notice redness around the stained area of your scalp. If you become worried about a rash, consult a doctor.
Yes, you may avoid getting your scalp stained from hair dye. The best way to prevent this issue is by applying petroleum jelly around the scalp or hairlines before dying your hair. You may place the jelly on your forehead and eyebrows as well.
Getting the dye off the scalp will take around one to two weeks. But if you follow the steps above, it may only take less than a week to remove the dye from your scalp.
Mistakes are hard to prevent, especially when it comes to dying your own hair. It is hard to see every perspective and can sometimes result in staining your scalp. You may follow any of these methods on how to get dye off scalp to avoid that as much as possible.
Want to get updates on Michair news?
Connect now using
Don’t have an account?
Đang cập nhật dữ liệu
Xin vui lòng chờ trong giây lát