Fashion Blog Wed Oct 25 2023
The Luna method hair extensions are becoming very popular in the beauty community, especially in America. It brings many benefits for the users. With it, you will get your hair extensions blended perfectly without worrying about damage. In this article, I will let you know what it is and the benefits it will bring to you.
The Luna Method (or the Luna and Mauve Method) is an innovative technique of hand-tied hair extensions involving using only 5-20 contact points for a full head attachment. It’s safe for everyone because there is no heat, chemical and glue needed for the installation attachment. Being developed by Ashlee Leeper in 2019, it has been widely popularized in the beauty community because of its great features.
The Luna Method hair extensions
No. The Luna Method is very scalp-friendly and safe for your natural hair. Because there is no glue, chemical and heat needed, The Luna Method will minimize damage to your hair. Moreover, The Luna Method doesn’t cause any tension to your hair and scalp because it is very lightweight. You won’t have to suffer discomfort and damage if you get your hair extensions attached by a skillful hair stylist.
- Safe for your natural hair and scalp: This method is very safe for most women because there is no glue, heat and chemicals needed. You only need to use some microbeads, a curved needle and nylon threads to get the hair extensions installed with The Luna Method.
- Quick installation: Unlike the traditional hand-tied hair extension method which will take about 5-6 hours, The Luna Method only needs about 3 hours or less to be installed.
- Blend perfectly with your natural hair: One of the most important reasons why women choose The Luna Method instead of other methods is that it naturally blends. Because of the thin contact points, people won’t realize that you are wearing hair extensions.
- Easy to style: When being installed with hair extensions with The Luna Method, your hair extensions are blended perfectly like your natural hair, so you can style it easily. However, you should follow the instructions of your hair stylist when styling your hair with hair extensions.
- High price: Because of these advantages, it’s obvious that the price you have to pay for The Luna Method being installed is higher than others. The price you have to pay for a full head installation is around $1500-$3200. It’s not an affordable price for everyone.
- Hard to find hairstylists: Although The Luna Method has become very popular in the beauty community, not many hairstylists can do this method out there. You should ask the hairstylists first to ensure they know how to do The Luna Method in the right way.
Yes! One of the wonderful benefits of the Luna method hair extensions is that you can wear your hair up with it. Because the contact points are very thin and lay flat on the root of your hair, it makes the hair extensions blend naturally with your hair. As a result, you will have many choices of hair style to do with your hair extensions.
The duration of The Luna Method depends on the way you treat your hair and how great your hairstylist does. With proper care, This new hand-tied extension method can last for 6-12 months, but you need to meet your hairstylist every 4-6 weeks to fix it. After 4-6 weeks, the hand-tied hair extensions will not blend perfectly with your natural hair because of natural hair growth.
No. When compared with other types of hair extensions such as tape-in; bonded keratin; and microlinks, Luna method hair extensions are easier to maintain. If your hair extensions are made of high quality human hair, you can treat it like your own hair. Because of no glue needed in the installation process, you don’t have to pay money for special hair care products. Only one thing you have to keep in mind is to avoid over touching your hair after being installed.
1. Before & After Doing Luna Method Hair extensions
2. Before & After Doing Luna Method Hair extensions
3. Before & After Doing Luna Method Hair extensions
4. Before & After Doing Luna Method Hair extensions