Fashion Blog Tue Jun 22 2021
Nothing can match the charm and elegance of the majestic white hair. It is especially incredible for people with a cool undertone and very light skin. Shimmering white hair can get you that otherworldly fairy tale look. However, achieving white hair is not that straightforward and requires brutal bleaching sessions to get the appropriate tone. Have you wondered how to get white hair without bleach?
Achieving white hair without bleach seems like an impossible task but extremely desirable if it were possible. So, here’s the good news—getting white hair without bleach is possible. And we are not the ones to say that. The hair expert backs up this fact. However, there is a catch—your original hair color, at least your current hair color, should be a lighter shade like platinum blonde or some other light blonde.
There are many natural hair colors, including brown, black, blond, and ginger, but white color hair does not come under the list of natural hair colors. However, some people with albinism can have entirely white hair, and so can people with other diseases like vitiligo. Normally, people can have only light hair colors like platinum blonde, close to a white color.
White hair gives off modern and trendy vibes. Its glorious appeal has made it a part of some famous Instagram and Pinterest aesthetics. Social media is flooding with people dying their hair into the fabulous white shade. You want to look trendy, but you don't want to end up with damaged hair, and so you want to learn how to get white hair without bleach. It is possible with some of the tricks mentioned below:
Do you want to get your hair dyed white without any damage from toxic chemicals? There are several natural ingredients that do not contain these harmful chemicals to use without a second thought. Where will you get these natural dyes?—Right in there in your kitchen.
These natural dyes are present in your very own kitchen in the form of regular ingredients like honey and lemon. But remember, these methods might not work on everyone. The results depend on your natural hair color and your hair types. There are some methods I've tried.
1. Lemon Juice Method
I'm sure that lemon juice is familiar to you. However, you might not know that it can be used to bleach your hair.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice: Start with squeezing fresh lemon juice into a bowl. The amount of lemon juice you need depends on the length and the density of your hair. I normally squeeze 2 lemons for my 18-inch hair.
- Dilute the acidity in lemon juice: The acidity in lemon juice is too high too use directly on your hair. You should add a small cup of water with 2 parts of water and 1 part of lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture to your hair: Then you should put this mixture into a spray bottle and spray it over your hair.
- Go outside and soak in some sun for 20 minutes and expose as much of your hair as you can to direct sunlight to reap a satisfactory outcome. Don't forget your sunscreen.
- After 30 minutes to an hour of sun exposure, rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water. Follow up with a conditioner to keep your hair moisturized.
2. Chamomile Tea Method
Chamomile tea is not only known for its calming properties but also for its natural lightening effects on hair. Here's a simple method to prepare and apply chamomile tea on your hair:
- Brew dried chamomile flowers or chamomile teabags: You should use boiling water to brew an ounce dried chamomile flowers or 2 chamomile teabags.
- Let it sleep about 15-20 minutes then strain the tea into a large container.
- Apply this liquid: There are 2 ways two apply chamomile tea: rinsing and spraying. I'd like to spray it on hair because of its convenience.
- Leave your hair 12-18h then wash it with gentle shampoo. To get the best result, MIC Hair recommends you repeat this process twice a week.
3. Baking Soda Method
Baking soda is other agent usually used to lighten your hair. With its natural clarifying properties, baking soda can help lighten your hair and give it a beautiful white shade. Here's a step-by-step guide on using baking soda for white hair:
- Put 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a cup with a small amount of water.
- Apply this mixture to your hair when it's clean
- Let it sleep about 20-30 minutes
- Rinse your hair under lukewarm water to remove all traces of the baking soda paste from your hair
Use lemon juice on your hair to make it a few shades lighter. Squeeze a lemon to get the juice and mix it with an equal proportion of water. Then spray it all over your hair evenly, ensuring all hair strands are covered properly with your juice mixture. Now it's time to sunbathe your hair. Go outside and soak in some sun for 20 minutes and expose as much of your hair as you can to direct sunlight to reap a satisfactory outcome. Don't forget your sunscreen. Once you are done with your bleaching, you can dye your hair with a white dye to get the white hair look.
For this method to work, your hair should already be a light color like blonde or platinum. Section your traces and carefully apply the purple shampoo on all the hair strands. Brush your hair with a thick toothed brush or run your fingers through your hair to properly distribute the shampoo. Keep it on for about 20 to 30 minutes and rinse with water. Let it dry naturally, or use a blow dryer to get the best light hair look!
The color spray works wonders if you want to achieve temporary but instant results. Research for the best hair color spray that will dye or hair white. Shake the bottle of the hair spray vigorously. Hold it a few centimeters away and shoot your spray! Make sure you have sprayed all your hair strands. Let it dry, and you are good to go!
>>> Read more: Dye Your Hair Grey: Follow The Silver Trend To Go Grey In Style! <<<
So now that you know how to get white hair without bleach, let's look at some ways you can maintain your majestic white hair.
Purple shampoo works well to keep your hair color fresh and appealing. Use a purple shampoo frequently to maintain your hair tone. The amount of shampoo required would depend on the length and the thickness of your hair. Remember to moisturize your hair very well, as frequent shampooing can dry it out and make your hair look frizzy.
Even the natural and temporary methods of coloring your hair can leave your hair very dry. Shampoo can strip off the natural oils on the scalp. It is important to shampoo your hair less often so that your scalp's natural oils can do their work. Only wash your hair when it is too dirty, flat, or oily—one to two times per week should suffice. If you feel your hair is excessively oily, then simply use a dry shampoo for an instant fix.
You might have heard this advice a million times, but we couldn't help but say it once more—oil your hair and see the magic! You can use moisturizing and nourishing oils like coconut oil, full of antiseptic properties that can work wonders for your hair. It maintains the shine in your dyed hair and restores the lost shine. Use a hair mask to nourish your hair from time to time. You do not have to buy some expensive stuff as DIY masks work just as well.
So you have learned how to get hair white without bleach. We hope this information was useful to you. With these tips and tricks, you can get your desired white hair look and flaunt it on social media or wherever you want. Remember to take care of your precious locks by following a regular maintenance routine.