Fashion Blog Tue Apr 27 2021
As you know, there are no completely perfect hair extensions. Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages. Your job now is to consider whether that type is suitable for you. To let you know more about tape-in extensions, I will explain about its pros and cons in this article. Don’t skip any sections! The information below will change your mind about tape-in hair extensions forever.
Tape-in hair extensions are something that you cannot make yourself easily. It needs to be perfectly made to get a natural look. This hair extension style can be installed and removed without using any equipment, heat, or any kind of chemicals. Thus, many women prefer to use the tape-in hair extension.
Before choosing the tape-in hair extensions for yourselves, you might want to know about the pros and cons. Anybody can wear a tape-in hair extension, but you must go to an expert stylist to fix the extensions for you. If the hair extension is not fixed properly, it might be hard for you. Now let us see some of the Tape in extensions pros and cons.
- Tape-in hair extensions are very convenient to use: Like clip-in hair extensions, tape-in hair extensions are designed for women who don’t have experience in installing extensions. It’s very easy to use. All you have to do is just open the adhesive and attach to your desired place.
- Tape-in hair extensions are very comfortable to use for a long time: If you get high-quality tape-in hair extensions installed by an experienced hair stylist. It won’t cause damage to your hair. So, you can use it for a long time without worrying about damage.
- You don't have to pay much with tape-in extensions: Tape-in extensions are for everyone. You can get tape-in hair extensions at an affordable price from many hair vendors all over the world. They are a little cheaper than other popular methods. You can refer to the price of tape in extensions from MIC hair collections to get one.
- Tape in hair extensions is the least damaged hair type: As you know, Tape in hair extensions are the best hair extensions for thin hair. You don't need to use high heat to install them. Moreover, tape-in extensions do not cause tension to your hair. So, you can have thick hair without any damage.
- Tape-in hair extensions are very easy to maintain: You can brush, curl, blow dry, flat iron tape-in hair extensions like your natural hair. However, don’t expose the adhesive directly to the high heat unless it will weaken the adhesive.
- Tape-in hair extensions can be reused many times: After 4-5 weeks, tape-in hair extensions no longer look natural due to hair growth. These extensions can save you a lot of money because you can reuse them many times.
- Tape-in hair extensions require a skilled hairstylist: As I said before, it’s very convenient to use and you can attach it yourself at home. However, in order to get the best result without any damage, you should meet a skilled hairstylist to do it for you. They know where to place the tape-in and how to avoid damaging your natural hair.
- Tape-in hair extensions can cause allergies to someone: Some hair suppliers use low quality adhesive to decrease the production cost. Some women may be allergic to these types of adhesive. Make sure that you do a patch test before installing tape-in extensions.
- When removing, you have to use the proper tools: Because of using special sticky tape to stick into your hair, Tape in hair extensions require proper tools and chemical to remove them from your hair.
- Another drawback of tape in extensions is that they require regular maintenance: The adhesive can start to loosen over time, causing the extensions to slip or become visible. This means that you will need to visit the salon frequently to have the extensions re-taped or reinstalled. This can be time-consuming and costly, especially if you have a busy schedule.
- Tape-in extensions may not be suitable for those who enjoy swimming or participating in water activities. The adhesive used in these extensions can weaken when exposed to water, causing the extensions to come loose or fall out. If you are someone who enjoys spending time in the pool or at the beach, you may need to consider alternative hair extension methods that are more water-resistant.
>>> Read more: Best Hair Extensions For Thin Hair - A Complete Guide <<<
Although tape-in hair extensions don’t require much, you have to do some special treatment to prolong your tape-in hair extensions.
- Use gentle shampoo for tape-in hair extensions: You should use a clarifying shampoo to clean your hair but it has to be gentle enough to avoid damage to your hair. You can find them at the store near you or buy them on Amazon very easily.
- Avoid overwashing: One of the main factors that weakens your tape-in over time is overwashing. Although you use gentle shampoo, washing too regularly can damage your hair. Only wash if you really need to. The recommended frequency is 3-4 times a week.
- Avoid exposing the adhesive to the high heat: Worse than overwashing, high heat can melt the adhesive and stick other strands and cause tangles. Keep in mind to keep your heat tool away from the adhesive.
- Brush gently: I recommend you use a wide-tooth comb or special brush to comb or brush your hair with tape-in hair extensions. Make sure to comb from the bottom and move upward to avoid making the tangling get worse.
After you know about tape in extensions pros and cons. We will let you now how to maintain them. You can surely wash your tape-in extensions like you normally wash your hair. It is also possible to style them the way you want. But you must consider giving it a little more care to maintain its natural look and texture. While you sleep, it is better to tie your hair into a loose braid as this can avoid tugging the wefts. You can also apply a natural hair mask once a week to maintain the smooth and soft texture of the tape-in hair extensions.
Avoid tying your wet hair, and do not sleep with wet hair. Moreover, washing your hair daily is not necessary. If you use any oil, serums, or other hair products, make sure not to apply them on the tape. Just apply on your hair. Deep oil treatments, heavy rinsing must be avoided completely.
I hope you know all about tape in extensions pros and cons and other information regarding the extensions have given you a great idea about the same. Always try using a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner.
If you like to straighten or curl your hair, you can do it with tape-hair extensions. But do not iron your hair on the base. Stop worrying anymore if you have thin and short hair. Tape-in hair extensions are one of the perfect choices to make your hair look stylish whenever you want.