Fashion Blog Mon Dec 11 2023
Are you dreaming of long, luscious locks? Do you want to add volume and length to your natural hair without the hassle of daily styling? In this blog post, we will delve into the world of tape-in hair extensions, exploring their benefits, cost considerations, lifespan, and installation process. Get ready to unlock the secrets to stunning, envy-worthy locks!
Tape-in hair extensions are a popular type of semi-permanent hair extensions. They are known for their lightweight nature and convenient application method. These extensions consist of weft hair that is about 1.5 inches wide and pre-taped with a medical-grade adhesive.
Furthermore, tape-in extensions can be made from either real human hair or synthetic hair. They come in a variety of lengths, colors, textures, and thicknesses, allowing individuals to choose the option that best matches their natural hair. Moreover, these extensions are typically applied by a professional hairstylist who carefully attaches them to the roots of the natural hair using the adhesive tapes.
Tape-in hair extensions are an ideal choice, but it doesn't mean that they have no weakness. Here is Pros and Cons of Tape-in hair extensions:
- Easy application
- Seamless blend with your natural hair
- Very cheap if you can DIY Tape-in hair extensions at home.
- Comfortable for long-term use
- Easy to maintain
- Styling limitations without proper products
- Not suitable for those who enjoy swimming
>> Read more: Are Tape-in hair extensions bad for your hair? <<
When comparing tape-in hair extensions to other popular types such as sew-in extensions or bonded extensions, one of the advantages of tape-in extensions is their affordability. At the time of publishing this post, the average cost of high-quality tape-in hair extensions typically ranges from $200 to $600. However, it is important to note that the best tape-in hair extensions are not cheap and the final cost can vary depending on several factors, including:
- The brand of extensions you choose: Some brands are well-known for their quality and may be priced higher compared to others. Moreover, wholesale hair vendor like Mic Hair is much more affordable.
- The texture, color, and length of tape-in hair extensions: Different textures, such as straight, wavy, or curly, may have varying price points. Additionally, if you opt for custom colors or blends, it could increase the cost. The length of the extensions also plays a role, as longer extensions generally require more hair and may be priced higher.
- The installation cost: While some people may choose to install tape-in extensions themselves using DIY kits, many prefer to have them professionally installed at a salon. Salon installation costs can vary based on the expertise of the stylist, the location of the salon, and the overall reputation of the establishment.
Tape-in extensions can typically last between 8 to 10 weeks with proper care. However, it is important to note that the actual lifespan can vary depending on several factors, including the quality of the extensions, the condition of the natural hair, and how well they are maintained.
Additionally, by removing the old adhesive and applying new adhesive, you can extend the lifespan of your tape-in extensions and continue to enjoy their benefits for multiple uses. However, it is important to note that over time, the extensions themselves may show signs of wear and require replacement. Consulting with a professional stylist is crucial for proper removal, reapplication, and overall care of tape-in extensions.
Although tape-in hair extensions can be installed at home if you have enough experience and skill, we suggest having a professional stylist install them for the best result. You can also refer to our Guide on put in Tape-in hair extensions or read the short step-by-step guide below:
- Sectioning Your Hair: Use a rat-tail comb to divide your hair into sections. Avoid parting near the top or temple, unless you want the attachment to be visible. Clip the hair above to expose the section and comb through the hair beneath.
- Firm Placement: Once you are satisfied with the positioning using bobby pins, firmly place the tape-in extensions on your natural hair. Sandwich your hair between the extensions for a natural blend, ensuring the strands cover both sides of the adhesive.
- Comb Through: After attaching the extensions, comb through your hair with a wide-tooth comb to remove any knots and ensure a seamless blend. Pay attention to any thin or uneven areas.
- Optional: Cut and Trim: To achieve a natural look, consider cutting or trimming your hair after installing the extensions. Consult a hairdresser for professional assistance. They can also style your hair to enhance the overall appearance.
After 4-6 weeks, your natural hair will grow about 1 inches long that make your tape-in hair extensions become loose and visible. That's why I ask my customers to remove tape-in hair extensions after 4-6 weeks.
- Adhesive Remover: Use a specialized adhesive remover that is safe for hair to remove tape-in extensions and any residue. This ensures that your natural hair roots are free from sticky adhesive materials. Adhesive removers are easy to use and come with instructions.
- Gently Remove Extensions: Apply the adhesive remover and wait for 3-4 minutes to soften the adhesive. Then, carefully pull a small patch of the extension to check if it is ready to be taken out. Hold the root of your natural strands with one hand and gently pull out the tape-in extension with the other.
- Separate Stuck Extensions: If the adhesive remover doesn't completely remove the glue, use a plastic rattail comb to gently tease and separate the hair until the adhesive pieces are detached.
- Thoroughly Wash Hair: After removing the tape-in extensions, wash your hair thoroughly. Use a hair conditioner to help remove any excess adhesive and protect your hair from environmental damage. Rinse your hair under lukewarm water until it is clean
Here is some before and after tape-in hair extensions images. If you have black hair, you can refer to our post Top 5 Tape In Hair Extensions For Black Hair to choose one for yourself.
Want to get updates on Michair news?
Connect now using
Don’t have an account?
Đang cập nhật dữ liệu
Xin vui lòng chờ trong giây lát